The DB2 10 Bootcamp introduces features and enhancements in the latest version of DB2 for Linux®, UNIX® and Windows®. Detailed presentations and hands-on labs are included where attendees will gain in-depth knowledge of exciting new features.
The course also covers IBM Data Studio as a graphical administration tool for DB2, replacing the discontinued Control Center tools.
At the end of the bootcamp, attendees can take the N18 IBM DB2 10 for Linux, UNIX and Windows Technical Mastery Test at no-charge. Those who have successfully passed the N18 test are encouraged to take the 610 DB2 10 Family Fundamentals Certification Exam during the workshop at no-charge.
This is the clinic for you if you are
- An IBM DB2 client or business partner interested in learning DB2 10 for Linux, UNIX and Windows
- An IBM DB2 client or business partner preparing to migrate an application from an Oracle database to DB2 10
- A consultant currently working with or planning to work with DB2 10 for customer engagements
This bootcamp highlights the following products and technologies:
- Even deeper compression. DB2 10 optimizes the storage use of your table data and more.
- Leverage different storage media types and increase ROI using the new Multi-temperature Data Management capabilities in DB2.
- Making it easier for organizations to adhere to their regulatory and compliance policies with Temporal Data Management
- Achieve the right level of service confidence with enhanced workload management.
- Advanced data-centric security mechanism using Row and Column Access Control
- Migrating your Oracle application to DB2 10 in a few days
- Continuously Ingest data into large tables even in partitioned environments at high speed without affecting the data availability
- And more ....
Basic understanding of Relational Database Management Systems and Linux operating system environment preferred (not required)